Downloading videos from your favorite streaming platforms isn’t always easy or cheap. If you’re using Brave, you’ll notice that this task is much more challenging because of its privacy features. But it’s not impossible.
Let’s explore some video downloaders you can try out today.
Why Do You Need A Video Downloader For Brave Browser?
Here are several reasons you need a video downloader if you’re an avid user of Brave browser:
To Download Videos from Streaming Websites
Suppose you’re watching a video on YouTube, Vimeo, or another streaming website, but it keeps buffering and won’t play smoothly.
Buffering is annoying, especially if your internet connection is terrible. So how do you solve that? Simple.
Download the video and watch it from your local media player. Since downloading videos from streaming websites isn’t always a straightforward process, a video downloader will take the hassle out of it.
To Convert Videos into Different Formats
Some of the best video downloaders can convert videos into different formats. This way, if you download a video in a format your PC doesn’t recognize, you can change it and open it with your local media player.
Some video downloaders also let you convert video into audio formats or other higher quality video quality formats. Others can compress your video size without losing quality.
To Share Engaging Content With Your Friends and Family
While you can easily share links to video content, not everybody enjoys opening them. But if you come across a cute cat video or an exciting event on YouTube, a video downloader helps you save it on your device and share it with your family and friends.
Most people prefer to open videos directly. Also, you can keep the video and share it on your social media pages for other people to see.
What To Look For When Buying?
If you’re in the market for a video downloader, here are some essential features to look out for:
Most video downloaders today are free but come with annoying ads. You can always get started with a free video downloader, but paying the fee for an ad-free experience is often worth it.
Besides that, most downloaders come with other premium features, like batch downloads, multiple active downloads, and download speed enhancers.
Get yourself a video downloader with an intuitive user interface. That makes your download experience more seamless.
If you can quickly learn how to start, stop, restart and manage downloads on a downloader, it qualifies.
Number of Supported Sites
Only a handful of video downloaders can support multiple sites at once. Find one that can download from more than just YouTube.
A video downloader that supports multiple video qualities output formats and offers media conversions is ideal.
How To Download YouTube Videos In Brave Browser?
Like all Chromium-based browsers, you cannot download YouTube Videos using Brave Browser or the extensions available in the Chrome Webstore.
You need a third-party application to download YouTube videos to watch offline. Some video downloaders offer online downloading options, while others are full apps that you must download and install.
Here’s how you can download a YouTube video with online video downloaders.
- Open YouTube and search for the video you want to download
- Highlight the address bar in Brave containing the link to the video from YouTube and copy it on your clipboard
- Search for an online video downloader, for example, https://en.savefrom.net.
- Paste the YouTube link inside the app and proceed to the next page
- Next to the download button, you can choose the video quality or download format you prefer
- This takes you to a new page with the video
- Right-click and select the “save video” or “save file to device” option.
- Follow the instructions of the pop-up window and pick a folder to store it.
4 Best Video Downloaders For Brave Browser
Here are some outstanding video downloaders you can use for Brave
Wondershare video downloader is one of the oldest video downloaders with over ten years in the game. Today, Wondershare has more than 50 million users and can work with many media platforms globally.
- Multiple downloading options
- Batch downloader
- Video converter
- Built-in video player
- Up to three times faster than most downloaders
- Download YouTube Full HD and 4K
- Download, convert and schedule tasks with a single click
- You can transfer video to external devices
- Offers four different downloading options
- Converts to over 150 video formats
- Offers a wide package for subscribers
- A wide range of supported sites
- Great pricing structure
- Does not run automatic downloads from sites while browsing
- Concurrent download limits
The 4K video downloader is excellent for frequent streaming users. If you’re a gamer, you will find this downloader efficient for your daily online downloads. You can test it by trying their free version.
- Multi-sites support
- Audio extractor
- Bandwidth balance
- Use of proxy servers
- Smart mode
- One-click download
- Three bundles for subscription
- Offers a free version with up to 30 video downloads a day
- Download from streaming sites like YouTube gaming and Twitch
- You can balance download bandwidth to work and download at the same time
- Many sophisticated features in the paid version
- Download from social networks
- Download private YouTube content
- Not so good looking interface
- Many features are restricted in the free version
The iTube HD video downloader for Windows is a product of Aimersoft. It supports thousands of sites while providing several download and video formats.
- Download from over 10,000 sites
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- One-to-one call support
- Yearly and lifetime subscription categories
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Private Mode for secret downloads
- Turbo Mode 3x faster
- Download, convert, record, and transfer videos
- Player plugin
- Download in batches
- Download audio only
- Many video output choices
- Offers a password-protected folder for secret downloads
- Just for personal use
- Lack of wireless transfers
VideoProc video downloader is the best option for organizing your downloads. It comes with a video downloader, converter, and video editor in one place.
Here are some of the great features VideoProc has:
- Footage stabilizer
- Compress video and convert MP4 or MP3 files
- Edit videos
- GPU acceleration
- Built-in media downloader engine
- Adds a watermark to videos
- All-round video downloader
- Record live streams
- Excellent video editing package in one place
- Convert videos and audio files
- Process videos from multiple devices
- Offers a 7-day trial with full features
- Expensive downloader
- Too many unnecessary features
What Is The Best Video Downloader For Brave Browser?
Wondershare AllMyTube video downloader is our winner here. It has been in the game longer and offers an easy-to-use interface with excellent features and prices.
Also read: Best Password Managers For Brave Browser
If you love downloading videos for later viewing, these apps are excellent options for getting started. There are always more options, but these will always give you outstanding performance and results.